Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Washington Nationals Game

PHOTOS from the game can be seen by clicking on the title of today’s entry or by pasting the following site into you’re your browser: http://homepage.mac.com/rachelsair/fulbright/PhotoAlbum16.html



Wednesday evening I went to the Washington Nationals game with three of the Mexican teachers, Patty, José and Adrián. As we approached the ticket booths I overheard a woman say to her husband that he should look for some kids and give them his extra tickets. I suggested he could give them to my Mexican friends, who had recently arrived here – and HE DID! Three FREE tickets – and row 1 no less (section 501). I bought a ticket in the same section and the stadium was surprisingly pretty empty (as they are the best team in baseball right now) so I was able to sit with them. It was a great game – the Nationals beat the Los Angeles Dodgers, there were fireworks after two different homeruns and we all enjoyed some Cracker Jacks together after singing about them in the 7th inning stretch.