Monday, August 08, 2005

Settling In

Monday, August 8, 2005
Last night I bought a cellphone and am so excited to be able to communicate! Unfortunately, calling the U.S. costs about $1.50 – but receiving a call is about .25 cents and sending/receiving text messages are about .20 cents. So, when I move I will have a landline and can then use calling cards to make calls to the U.S.

This afternoon I moved into my apartment – it’s really awesome! I love having my independence and yet the owners down on the first two floors ready to help me at a moment’s notice. The husband (seƱor to me) is taking me to the phone company tomorrow to get my line set up. I am blown away by everyone’s kindness and going out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. I just hope this continues, as I’m apparently going to teach in the “ghetto”.