Saturday, October 08, 2005

Congratulations!

I´m an AUNT, a tía! My brother and sister-in-law welcomed Jonathan Louis Sair into the world at 10:52 this morning. My sister, Aunt Faye, called this afternoon to let me know that we´re aunts and as soon as I heard the news, I stopped in my tracks, as I was perfectly situated outside of a huge mall, Plaza Universidad, and proceeded to hit the stores. I´ve been waiting months to buy gifts for the baby so I´m making up for lost time. I bought the first outfit at Ferrioni, while I was on the phone with my dad, Grandpa Ralph, and at the same time I told the sales lady that I just found out that I´m an aunt, she said, "Felicidades." Next I found a phone and called my bro to leave a congratulatory message for him and Kara, the new little mamá. Then I headed to Zara and found a cute baseball shirt and white sweats and lastly went to Campanita Bebe & Enfant. I´m overflowing with emotion, so excited, proud and joyful! You can see how excited I was - I took photos to document my first purchases for Jonathan.