Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Addicted to Vitamin T

I have become quite fond of, in fact too fond of, Mexico’s Vitamin T: Tacos, Tortas, Tamales and Tostadas. While Kelly and Kelsey were here we enjoyed the best foods that Mexico has to offer, without holding back – deep fried empanadas, cream based soup, churros, chocolate covered marshmallows, ice cream, oh my. After a couple of meals I felt sick after eating too much. Yesterday I could hardly bring myself to eat anything at all and today I enjoyed a big plate of grilled vegetables for lunch. Like Kelly said, I could probably make the next “Supersize Me” movie about what happens after spending six months in Mexico and consuming nothing but Vitamin T. At the end of four months, my pants are tighter and instead of the McGurgles, I’ve got the Turgles.

On the way home today I passed a gym and stopped in to get a schedule and price list. I don’t know why exercising costs so much in Mexico City, but this modest gym costs up to $90 a month – it costs me only a bit more for an entire year at Bally’s! But since I don’t want my heart to completely clog up before I make it home, I will publish my modest commitment right here. It’s said that if you tell someone your goal or write it down that it’s a lot more likely that you will accomplish it. So, I’ll double my odds and write it down and thus share it with who knows how many people. Tomorrow morning, before school, I will go register at the gym and attend the Spinning class from 7-8 a.m. I will then go to the gym at least three days a week until I leave Mexico on January 21.