Saturday, July 23, 2005

Getting ready

Photos from the Farewell Fiesta can be seen by clicking on today's title or by copying and pasting the following address into your browser:http://homepage.mac.com/rachelsair/fulbright/PhotoAlbum12.html

July 31st is fast approaching and my apartment is looking pretty bare. Books from the Master's program and CDs are in boxes - waiting to be sold on Amazon.com. There is still plenty of packing left and I really want to be able to give Elisa, my exchange partner, the "manual" I've been working on (a little) to help her get the year started.

This Fulbright grant has been a LONG process and I am excited for it to start. Back in October when I completed the online application, I had no idea where I'd be able to go. I am very much looking forward to being in Mexico City, there's so much to do and see that I'll probably need six months to get to all of it.

I would love to have visitors - I will have a 2 bedroom apartment!
Next time I write I'll be in Washington D.C. for orientation, July 31-August 5.
Hasta pronto - Talk soon,
Raquel